Hecate at Peamarsh, 1934…

Whilst looking through old photos I found this print of the East Sussex Light Railway’s Terrier ‘Hecate’ just west of Peasmarsh Road…
The caption scrawled in pencil on the back reads ‘Hecate, Terrier, ESLR south of Tenterden, 14th July 1931’. Alas, there is no photographer’s name to credit with this wonderfully composed period scene.

This is in fact a Hornby model, detailed and repainted by me for the ESLR layout that I planned last summer but never started. A number of items of stock were sourced but things got no further. Perhaps I should purchase the Hattons 2 axle brake coach and build another cameo, as his is posed on Kinross… more soon…

Comments

  1. Do you not mean East SUSSEX Light Railway? Tenterden is some way from East Suffolk.

    CP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, a slip of the mind, thanks for the correction Christopher.

      Delete
  2. James,
    despite being a bit late to the party I would like to mention that do like that picture.
    As the Terrier is still having wooden brake shoes, the picture must be quite old...

    Best wishes
    Dirk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.