Commission: Renfrew wharf design...

I often share the commission models that pass across my workbench, yet in contrast only my own layout schemes seem to grace these pages, however I enjoy working on customer commission layout planning and design...
I’ve recently completed a scheme that ended up as a self contained Inglenook, based on the industrial south bank of the River Clyde. Working with my customer we worked through a series of questions to develop the bare bones of a layout brief. This was then developed further, with us considering locations around the industrial belt between Edinburgh and Glasgow before settling on Renfrew.
As well as the process of refining the scheme to meet my customers needs, I also ensure it is workable with mock ups, track planning and prepare a final document that includes all this plus photographic material and location maps, a brief history and some basic construction notes. 

If you would like to work with me on your own scheme I can offer a service that is tailored to your needs and budget. Get in touch for a personal proposal, and until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks James, it was a wonderfully enjoyable process and Renfrew just fitted so naturally to the customers brief, perfect in many ways.

      Delete
  2. That looks like my sort of layout to build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I’m sure it’s not a million miles away than many that have gone before, but the development to meet my customers needs and ideas, and more importantly emotional connection and inspiration are the journey that got to this place, and for them, as important as the destination.

      Delete
  3. I like that extra siding across the back. It creates a frame of sorts to add some visual mass to the long thin triangular form the Inglenook takes on. Plus, having those sidings disappear into something feels very right. I like this!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.