Commission: Revisiting a GE 70t in S...

I completed the build of this model for a customer during the first lockdown last year, and held on to it for a month or so until I could safely post it in the summer...
Based in Canada, he has had a friend paint and finish her for his north eastern based short-line layout It will be the sole piece of equipment on a planned S scale mini layout” he tells me. “The 3 mile long Northeastern line will service a chair factory, gravel pit, and an apple juice/cider operation”.
It’s always lovely to see my models completed and in use, I offer a custom service tailored to your needs so it could be design and supply, assembly, finishing, painting amd ir weathering, or any combination. Get in touch for your own personal proposal. More soon...

Comments

  1. What the heck?! This is beautiful. That Salberg cream and orange paint is just beautiful. And it's in S and it's headed to Canada? Small world.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some food for thought James: the Grand Falls Central, also known as the Botwood Railway, was an industrial branch line on the 3'6" gauge Newfoundland railway that ran a small fleet of GE 70 ton switchers with dark red hoods and orange cabs and frames. Apart from the narrower gauge and some interesting M-U end handrails, they were otherwise identical to the standard gauge locos. I've often thought that the Smokey Valley kit would be a sight to behold in Sn3.5 representing one of these beasts. Well worth looking up and having a read, there's plenty of photos and information online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a copy of Bill Linley’s Newfoundland album I’m familiar with them… I think they were very early 70t, IIRC the hoods or cab are a subtly different shape. I did wonder about doing one though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.