Detail in etched brass...

I sometimes get asked about etched plates by customers and I’m always happy to share my experience...
In models we tend to want plates etched in a material suitable to match the prototype, be it brass or nickel silver to represent aluminium. However although the material colour is a better match the detail available in 1:76 scale etched brass is much superior to that in nickel silver which etches cleanly but the detail on works and name plates doesn’t resolve quite so nicely. That is why these Ruston plates, from the recent new release from Planet Industrials, are etched in brass, and just look at that detail! The BTH circles on the cab side plates are barely 2mm diameter! I can’t wait to paint these to finish off my prototype model, production kits will be shipping with these from new. Until next time, more soon...

Comments