Friday Update: Twenty-six Three Twenty-one...

It's been a painting week here in North Wales, and as often is the case it's a chance to progress a few personal models alongside commissions...
This Bagnall IST is seen here perched on top of the tweezers (thanks to the magnet between the wheel sets) as I was adding the detail painting after the body had been airbrushed in Humbrol Matt 62 leather, and then clear coated in gloss lacquer. Working on something so tiny in parallel to the large scale 'Paddington' train is almost comic - I should have more to share on this creation in the coming days as it's nearly finished.
The etched works plates I shared earlier this week have had a coat of red and black paint (as per prototype) and this shows off the detail even better, I can't wait to get these fitted to my own Ruston model over the weekend.
The TerraTransport liveried SW1500 is moving along swiftly as well, and I hope to have this re-assembled over the weekend before weathering can begin. It's great to see how well the custom designed decals have worked on this, they really finish it off so nicely. A further post about TerraTransport in my alternate reality is in the process of being prepared at the moment.
I acquired a Golden Valley / Oxford Janus for an incredibly good price this week too, and it's now in bits soaking in IPA to remove the factory livery - this one is going to be detailed and modelled on one of the examples at the steel works up the road in Brymbo, and potentially act as a prototype for a few parts. I've ordered a second flywheel for that protruding shaft too, I've no idea why these models shipped without the flywheel fitted as it's shown in the CAD on the instructions. It's a smooth runner, I'm hoping the extra rational mass will help its slow speed performance a touch, as the small diameter can motor is a little gutless at low revs.
I mentioned at the top, Paddingtons's diesel is progressing. A cruel photo as it's in a myriad of finishes at the moment. The next job is to paint the cab floor and buffer beams, and then begin to add the exposed timber colour to plank edges and damaged planks before I seal it all in matt lacquer. I tend to avoid varnish if possible, especially on outdoor models as it has a tendency to yellow.

I'm hoping to find both the time and motivation to work on the layouts this weekend, we will see, in the meantime I hope you are well and have enjoyed this read. Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. The SW1500 looks great, I’m looking forward to the future post on Terra Transport/Dartmouth Terminal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, yes me too, I’ve made a start on it but there is quite a lot to condense down... to include mention of the Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Central Nova Scotia, Halifax South Western and New Brunswick routes as well as Dartmouth Terminal.

      Delete
  2. Nice colour choice for the Bagnall. I've been thinking along similar lines myself for a future project, looking for something other than the usual greens or reds.
    Its a neat little model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, I’ve finished it off today so more photos tomorrow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.