A Victory named Francis...

Since we first announced the Planet Industrials 'Kerr, Stuart Victory' I have had a photograph of 'Francis' above my workbench. Today, I not only have a photograph, but a model...


Having fitted my 'production' model with prototype 'Francis' plates, the supplied sand boxes and some footplate clutter I've made a start on bringing it to life with some washes - this is only the first of several stages in the weathering, but already it has come to life... I sent a photo to Chris...

It must be interesting wandering down to the shed at PyD lately with what seems like a parade of engines moving through their yard. For so long the “engine on shed” was predictable but lately you get this sense things are quite busy by the exchange of engines through here.


This scene feels like a real achievement. Steve and I have learnt so much on this first project - there have been moment when we both swore 'never again' yet now they're here, and now the reviews (almost universally positive, thank you everyone) are in we're both moving forwards with a couple of new projects. Pictured on Pont-y-dulais my long standing 'decorated sample' in black and the first maroon production model out of the boxes from China make a wonderful pair - the airbrush will come out and finish off Francis and then I really must start the next project layout - a home for these large industrials.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us on this journey, from words of encouragement, to pre-orders, to purchases - you've made this project worthwhile for a whole range of reasons and ensured we do it all over again. On what, well we're not dropping any clues yet, but come along and see us at Warley at the end of the month and we might have more to share. Until then, next time...

Comments