Victory at Mollington Road...

It's easy to think that all Victory's live on Pont-y-dulais if you read the blog here regularly! It certainly is my 'favoured' photo plank because it's always available, turn the switch the lights and power are on and testing or photography commence - or, shh, whisper it, even playing...


Mollington Road lives in a box, in the under stairs cupboard. As a result it rarely sees the light of day (as discussed in my book - if you haven't got a copy, take a look at Light Railway Stores or The Titfield Thunderbolt), but that's a shame. I wondered what Victory would look like in a late 1960s factory setting, so dug it out earlier in the week to take a couple of photos.


The result? What do you think? 
Through my eyes it feels very much at home, despite its bulk there are shades of Slough Estates going on here (that was certainly one of the inspirations for the micro layout in the first place). Yes the loco isn't a green saddle tank by Hudswell Clarke BUT it is chunky, outside cylindered and a mix of dirty and clean all at once, with lots of brick, inlaid track, chain link fencing and barbed wire.

Our first ready to run model has been a wonderful adventure - it's really exciting to use my own models across the layouts, and as I thought, just as exciting to see them out in the wild on your own model railways. In the meantime though, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments

  1. The parked up Transit looks like it belongs in a scene from 'The Sweeney'!

    I love the way the whole scene looks natural and unforced. A great example of 'less is more'.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, you’re not the first one to suggest either, Sweeney or less is more…

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.