The reviews are in…

I have been overwhelmed with how positively my book has been received by both purchasers and more recently the magazines who were sent review copies…

BRM / Hornby Mag / NG&IRM / RM

On the whole even the reviewers get it, especially Phil Parker (BRM) and John Clutterbrook (NG&IRM). The good news for Simon my publisher and I is that we’d already sold 3/4 of the run before these ads appeared, so this should help clear the rest and give me some positive impetus to progress the second book!

The plan is to build on the content already created, and combine some discussion around the art of model railways with further plans. Time will tell how it works out, but you loyal readers may see me ‘test running’ some of the content here first, as happened with the first book. 

As I sit contemplating a second, it strikes me that this year has been incredible. Not only my first book, published with my favourite publisher but my first ready to run model on the market - and in the case of Hornby and RM, reviewed in the same issue! Crazy. How do we go on from here? Answers on a post card! In the meantime, more soon…

You can but my book from planet of quality book sellers but I’d love you to support Simon, my publishers book shop at The Titfield Thunderbolt, or my business partner Steve’s shop, Light Railway Stores.

Comments

  1. Hi James
    I am very pleased your book has got such positive reviews as it deserves them all in my opinion. I really like it and the ideas a contained in it, so much so I am thinking of a project that you could help with. Will e-mail later.
    Look forward to the next book in the series
    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.