Commission: Victory in BR black…

I've really enjoyed working on the 'standard' weathering on all of your Victory's a few weeks ago, but now I'm working through the more involved one off commissions, the first to grace the blog is this black example...


The Great Western ended up with a number of Victory by absorbing the Alexandra Docks and Brecon and Merthyr examples, and although out of the box our model represents the prototype 'as built' and of course the GWR Swindonised them, this representation of 667 in a 'might have been' BR Black livery is lovely. 667 really did see BR service, and gained a smokebox door plate before being scraped in 1954.



Starting with a plain black example I added coal to the bunker, the front footsteps (supplied in the detail bag) painted Planet Industrials crew, custom etched number plates and then a BR early crest on each tank. Once sealed with lacquer I moved onto weathering, to bring the model to life.



A wash of Humbrol 98/33 on the chassis, footplate, buffer beams, tank tops and smokebox before being blended and smoothed with an airbrush of 27004/133/245 gives a lived in but not too scruffy look. I can't wait to see it out on my customers layout, nor can I wait to see what other commissions I'm asked to do and transform more of the Victory models into unique models, be that a recreation of a particular prototype or a 'what if' model. If you'd like a personal proposal get in touch using the contact form here on the website, the forums or Messenger. In the meantime though, more soon...




Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments