Canadian GE70t in primer...

Earlier in the week I shared progress on detailing the GE70t I've been building for the Prince Edward Island project. I have since finished off the details and added a coat of primer...
I always say that this is my favourite stage of a model, where the primer ties all the different materials together and this is no exception. The styrene, brass and 3D printed detail I've added now seems a coherent whole, and I can see the promise of what is to come in terms of a painted, finished model.
Since the last photos were taken, I've been speaking to a Canadian modeller who has shared some prototype photos of the real Number 35, which have helped me add a few details specific to that locomotive, whilst appreciating the door louvres and black plastic handrails will mean this is never an exact model. I have scratch built a bell, added the drop steps and a few extra handrails.
The primer shows that the finish is actually pretty good, and the holes I've filled don't need any further work. The new parts are blended neatly enough so the next stage will be to add some paint. I'll start with the light grey, mask the edges of the frames, spray the red, mask the ends and spray the black... I've got enough transfers left over from when I did the S13u.
The wood has been cut for the first piece of the baseboard, so as of today, since the kids have finished school yesterday here in Wales, I'll be able to make a good start on the cameo this side of Christmas. More soon...

Comments