Detailing the PEI GE 70t...

I’ve spent the last few days, especially the weekend, adding the end handrails and grab rails to the yellow peril...

These were formed from 0.3 mm brass wire for the grab handles, and 0.45 mm for the handrails which were soldered together for strength. This was a fiddly job that I took slowly and really enjoyed.
You can also see I have added the footboards and various hoses to each end, I still need to add the drop steps and safety chains. I can’t wait to get some primer on it and see what the finish is like, but ideally I need to have sorted the bell by then as well.
The main problem with modelling North American prototypes in the UK is sourcing parts, often smaller details like the bell. This as I’ve said before adds something for me, it slows the modelling down to a more mindful pace compared to working on others projects and commissions as well as giving me the chance to repurpose other items or design my own. I’m also aware I need 4 corner marker lights and a pair of long re-railers... This however can wait, and ahead of the Christmas layout project it’s nice to see this model coming together. Until next time, more soon...


Comments