Post-Christmas progress...

I’ve had a terrible head cold for days now, so much so I spent Christmas Eve in bed! I’ve enjoyed Christmas Day though and yesterday felt well enough to do some more modelling...
As well as the wonderful Morning Sun book by Bill Linley (Trackside in the Maritimes) I got a few other things railway related and this 20 year old Intermountain Reefer kit. It basically fell together taking care with some of the finer plastic details. The finish is a little plasticy as the base material is unpainted, but I suspect a coat of dull-cote will address this before weathering. 
I have painted a little of the track (the other end) on Kinross, as well as scribing this infill section for the oblique road crossing on the left hand end. It’s arranged so the road disappears behind the front theatrical wings when viewed at normal distance and angles... anyhow, black styrene means if the paint wears off later it doesn’t show any white plastic! I’ll be adding the pieces each side next and then building up the road with Woodland Scenics smooth-it. 
Finally, I masked the light grey parts of the GE70t and mixed a gloss red/orange from Humbrol 18 and 220  before spraying the cab and bonnet ends. Once these are dry I’ll mask these and spray the bonnet section before hand painting the pilots and then adding the decals. It will be great to see this one come together, it’s the signature model for Kinross, and one I’ve really enjoyed improving and working on. 

I hope everyone has had a good Christmas, enjoyed their family and had some railway related gifts to enjoy. I’ve been blown away by the continued views and comments on the blog despite not posting for a few days, thanks everyone. I look forward to reading what everyone has been working on.

Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. I hope you're doing better now. I had a great time so far - as the regulations all allow. So I went to an excursion today to capture the railway between Göschenen and Andermatt, and it was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much better to be honest, but I’ve managed a little more modelling today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.