Friday Update: Eleven Twelve Twenty...

I'm winding down for Christmas but that actually doesn't mean less work, just a well deserved rest is in sight, as customer models have their finishing touches applied in time for going home...

I've been working quite a lot on Planet Industrials this week too, video calls (thanks for the photo Steve) to determine some new promotional material and the next big announcement are all exciting, you should hear about it soon enough if you're signed up to the Newsletter...
In between customer commissions, which have been a real nice mix of both modelling and design work, I've had a massive Shapeways delivery of Narrow Planet and Planet Industrials kits... mixed in with this batch were the parts I designed for my Canadian National GE 70t. The Bachmann model has been stripped of paint with IPA, and I've begun cleaning up and filling mould lines, before adding the specific details following photos closely. It's not going to be a show case model but from a distance should pass muster.
There is a beautiful light this time of year, but unfortunately it's been too wet to enjoy the Dyfrrdwy Tramway much at all, so it languishes getting lovely and over grown. Loads of atmosphere in my photos usually, but I thought I'd share this overview which shows the whole line, nearly, from the wharf on the right, to the mill siding on the left, and then on across the lawn to the quarry and the top of the line, just out of sight.
I've picked up a Bachmann Percy chassis, and it's a lovely runner... my plan is to design a few British models around it, but to make sure I've got the dimensions of the CAD chassis right (black here in the photo) I decided to do something a little different. This is a 1:76, 009 Porter - based on the smallest of the narrow gauge Porters used by the DYMCo in the Yukon. Remember the DYMCo project? Well Dawson Creek went to a good home this summer, but I've still got the other two Porters and the Davenport, so I wonder if a small layout might appear at some point.
Finally this week, I received this wonderful shot of the Plymouth I built for my customer in Canada. He's got it out on his layout for running trials and it looks superb. If you've got a dream model you'd like me to bring to life, then get in touch for a personal proposal. In the meantime, more soon...


Comments