Klondike Porter in 009...

Another Christmas project was to be building this narrow gauge model, and today UPS dropped off the familiar Shapeways box and I couldn’t wait to see if the parts I’d designed would fit...
It’s fashioned on the original DYMCo locomotives used in Dawson City in the Yukon, and is a reasonably scale model in 1:76, bar the gauge, from drawings in the Iron Horse to the Yukon book. A generally good fit, I need to adjust the print slightly before making it available for purchase. I’ve fitted a Calscale whistle and bell, sourced from Canada whilst I was getting parts for the GE70t.
Tomorrow I will add the cab and saddle tank handrails, as well as for the sand pipe and get some primer on it, see if any more smoothing is required. I think it will be finished as Number 1, I may have some transfers from when I did the other Porters. We’ll see if this drives any motivation for a small narrow gauge project after East Works is sold... until next time, more soon..,

Comments

  1. That is a smart looking engine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, it’s a tiny cute little thing that I’ve wanted to model for a long time and it’s great to have finally ticked it off the list.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.