Friday Update: Fifteen Ten Twenty-one…

This weeks update comes to you from the sofa after breakfast before work whilst I wait with my daughter for her taxi to the bus stop (Wales, dangerous route to school)…

Whilst Mollington Road was out for photos I also posed the 07 on there, I noticed I need to paint the cab floor! Photo James Hilton.

It’s been cold, a clear sky lends a brightness to the morning, the hill opposite completely in shadow but the view up the valley includes a hint of side lighting, the soft light adding tonal variation to the hazy blue and green, brightening to the point where the sun rises high enough over the Berwyn’s to break into full sun… what a beautiful place to live sometimes…


Work this week has mainly focused upon development work on the large scale Ruston LB, which is very close to being ready now, with the bodywork etches due (I said this week, I’ve still got today!) and brake gear being printed (hopefully set up so I can use it on both 45 and 32mm) it’s looking really promising but on the tramway it comes to life. Still a driver to work out, and it’s quite a tight cab for a Model-Earth figure, I’m yet to decide what way forward…

The River Dee from the village bridge, Glyndyfrdwy, looking east towards Llangollen (eventually). Photo James Hilton.

The P4 chassis I shared in yesterdays video has also been on my bench a lot, getting it working smoothly and then being careful not to knacker it up by adding the brake gear! A plethora of brass kits awaits over the winter, so my iron won’t have chance to cool down. To relax a little I’ve started on some wagon weathering for a customer, these 4 OO vehicles were part of the Renfrew commission, but left over, more on that in its new home soon enough…


…and finally my Class 08 has had the laserglaze fitted, and now just waits for a whistle! A post about this is ready for the weekend, along with a second ‘Collections’ post which seemed well received this week. I hope you have a good weekend, after wiring Beaverbrook last weekend I’m hoping to work on the trackwork and scenic base. More soon…

Comments