Commission: Hudswell Clarke painting in 009...

I've recently had the pleasure of 'finishing off' this Backwoods Miniatures 009 'Hudswell Clarke diesel...

My customer supplied a ready built model - he had done a wonderful job on the kit but wanted me to paint and finish the model. The chassis had been painted during construction but the bodywork was bear metal. I scrubbed this clean and burnished it with a fibreglass pencil before applying some primer and leaving it to harden up for a week.
The model has been finished in Humbrol Crimson, which dulls down really nicely when sealed with dull-cote. The cab roof in grey - much more sensible for over-seas cane tramway use, and cab interior in cream break up the finish nicely. 
Note, the side of the buffer here, which I had missed, has now been painted! The roof remains removable allowing my customer to fit a crew, should he wish. 

If you have a model that you'd like some help with, at any stage of construction, then do get in touch for a personal proposal. In the meantime, enjoy these 'cruel' closeups, which show as much of the quality of the build, as my paintwork. Until next time, more soon...

Comments