Friday Update: Nineteen Eleven Twenty-one…

A week of self isolation with the kids off school, suspected Covid symptoms, a wait for PCR tests, a wait for results and a sigh of relief with the all clear last night…


That of course is a great relief but has led to a holiday feeling here this week, even the dog has taken to reading up on the Cromford and High Peak, or at least sleeping on it… despite the obvious concern and increased noise and distraction I’ve been working on sourcing more parts for the Ruston LB project as well as progressing a few smaller models…


This includes the Hunslet Wagonmaster, this is pretty much finished now and will have its own post shortly. I’ve worked from an old prototype photo from my customer, and so details matching his recollection have been possible, including headlights, horn and numbers… I enjoy the opportunity of recreating in miniature, if you’ve got a memory you’d like to live on in model form then get in touch.


I was lucky enough to have a whistle stop trip down on my own to Pembrokeshire to see Mum, and as I had no symptoms beforehand, and the kids didn’t start until I was away, it was a pleasant few days. A few walks and digging through some of Dad’s old slides, I’ve found the potential for a fair few blog posts in time, so much to talk about and share. I’ve also talked to Mum about doing something more formal with Grandpa’s railway photographs, I have another 4 albums and a stack if loose photos to work through. I have a feeling there is a book in here somewhere, if any publisher out there fancies a book of unpublished 1950s era photos of LNWR and LMS prototypes in the North West specifically around Warrington and Whitehaven (where my Grandpa worked), then get in touch through the contact form!


Look at the contrast! A pair of 006.5 models, a Hudswell Clarke diesel, a new commission that’s nearly finished too, along with my own Narrow Planet Keef K12. These are literally tiny compared to the Hunslet Wagonmaster, of course really when you think it’s a 3ft gauge prototype that hauled heavy trains. 


Whilst packing a new batch of Planet Industrials transfers I found a few one off packs still left in the box, if you’re interested in any of these it’s £4 for the white shaded black numbers, and £7 for the yellow shaded red and black LH&J No. 29… once they’re gone they’re gone.

This weekend I feel like I’m in need of some rest and recuperation! I’ve been making slow progress on Beaverbrook so I’ll take some photos and write up where things have got to with this as there is plenty to talk about. I hope you manage to enjoy a relaxing weekend, and avoid the chaos of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. That Hudswell Clarke would make a nice little Xmas present for me - as I pointed out to my wife on the way back from the dentist. I don't think she has worked out just how small it is yet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed…. A Christmas present it may be… and yes, tiny.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.