Archive 6: Kinross H0…

Last Christmas and January I built a micro cameo layout, a single turnout but with fiddle stick extensions, based upon the Canadian National lines on Prince Edward Island's Murray Harbour subdivision. Kinross, is the subject of today's Archive...


Inspired by a single photo the layout was an opportunity to practice a few things that I wanted to improve in my modelling skills - I had until this point only ever used pre-bought trees or recycled those my Dad had made many years ago, so I wanted to try my hand at trees - and I wanted to work on ground texture, adding some variety and believability to scrub and bushes in the area in front of the tracks.


The beauty of these small cameo boxes is the speed at which you can work. In terms of success, it runs well, provides a home for the stock I collected for the PEI project, puts a smile on my face when the lights are on, is fun to operate for 10-15 minutes AND I learnt those skills I'd promised myself I'd practice. I can't think of a better advert for doing something like this, perhaps that larger project you've promised yourself feels too big to start, this could be a stepping stone on the way? Until next time, more soon...

Comments