Seasons Greetings…

This years Christmas image is inspired by my Dad’s Shay, which many of you read and watched about earlier this autumn…


It’s been a year of ups and downs for all of us, but as the year draws to a close it’s time to take stock of everything we have to be grateful for, no matter how big or small. Speaking from personal experience it’s been a year of increased questioning of my own consumption and footprint on earth, and making decisions to reduce and re-use whenever possible. Sourcing my own modelling projects from eBay stops those models that have been made years ago going in landfill…

Thank you to everyone who has read the blog, either once or comes back time and again. This is here because I enjoy documenting my work and writing about ideas and projects, but sharing it does indeed give me a pleasure I hadn’t considered when I started, but it’s humbling when you realise that next year I’ll hit a million reads on these humble pages. The kind encouraging nature of your comments and interaction is really appreciated.

All the best for the season!

Comments

  1. Thanks James. Your blog posts and your very nice illustrations have been a constant inspiration to me. Keep the inspirational juices flowing in 2022.
    Very best wishes to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to share them, and pleased they provide interest and even inspiration. Than you for reading, and contributing Phil.

      Delete
  2. Hi James

    Following up your blog I also wanted to wish you and yours a very happy and a warm Christmas. I have very much enjoyed following your thoughts and looking at examples of your work and the discussion around the process that went into that. Always inspiring. Hope my few input have been of interest. I did like you rendition of your father's shay in a winter setting. Unfortunately ( or perhaps it is fortunate ) I have never visited the Pacific Northwest in winter. However when I was organising a visit to Interfor's Klamath Northern Railway at Gilchrist Oregon, in 2015, I was sent some photos of their 110-ton GE switching in the snow. I sent a photo to your e-mail and you can see why the loco is fitted with snow ploughs and the company maintains a snowplough as well. This is a a fairly Christmassy scene and probably as near as it gets. A lot of woods operations in the Pacific Northwest closed down around Christmas if the snow got to heavy

    Best regards

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, and for the email, your photos are fantastic and will feature over Christmas hopefully!

      Delete
  3. Thank you James for your effort. Came across your blog earlier this year and really enjoy reading it.
    I wish you all the best for you and your family in this Christmas season and wonderful start into 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I’m glad you enjoy my rambling!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.