Another visit to the Isle of Stoner…

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited for another visit to the Isle of Stoner, and this time it was the turn of my Lyd2 to make the journey…


Looking somewhat out of place it managed to get around the whole line but did need a shunt release at Underwood, as it wouldn’t fit past the foot bridge when negotiating the cross over. John and I were both surprised, and enjoyed operating her all afternoon.


She somehow looked at home on all trains we tried her with, lumbering away steadily with bags of traction and sublime performance thanks to the custom engineered chassis from supremo Jeff Bissonnette.


It was a diesel outing, as I also took over the Frankenstein pair of the orange Jung (a Minitrains F&C chassis with Gmeinder axles) and the Davenport (Minitrains Gmeinder chassis with F&C axles and custom rods) - see what I did there? They both run stupidly well for models that haven’t turned a wheel in years. It reminded me I must repaint the Jung in a somber green for use on Ridge (if/when I build it).


John’s Railway is always a delight to visit and I had a throughly enjoyable afternoon playing trains. I’m lucky to have such an accomplished 009 modeller in relative close proximity for the second time in my life, I look forward to more visits in the Autumn. Until next time, more soon…

Comments