Friday Update: Twenty-six Eight Twenty-two...

Another busy school holiday week here and absolutely no work done what so ever, mind, I've managed to keep up enough model making and railway related trips to fill the blog, which is a surprise even to me...


The Llangollen Railway has been running, and it's a continual delight to hear the railway in operation. The occasional chance encounter at the station even better, and new too, that an Austerity has arrived for service this weekend (albeit masquerading as a BR J94). 


It hasn't all been railways though, managing a few walks in the valley - what a beautiful place to live - no sea view, but still wonderful. Ask me again in the depths of winter mind, and I might give you a different answer. The blue skies, rolling hills, river and railway are such a tonic when it isn't a heat wave - there is often a nice breeze here, but on those boiling hot days earlier this summer the air was so still it was dead.


After sharing my 'Drinnick' plan earlier in the week I mocked it up in N, to see how it might work in the same space, but smaller scale. This has been an interesting experiment, the layout breathes, it almost feels 'too scale' in the smaller size - but looses the intimacy of the OO caricature. I'm not sold yet, but it was fun taking a look - for now Paxton Road is the focus! I also shared I had caved and bought a Dapol Class 50...


...well that was joined by some suitable clay wagons too! A trio of Peco CDA which, for the money (almost half the price of most Farish wagons) seem very reasonable - although the plastic axles and light weight don't fill me with confidence for mainline running, on a small layout it shouldn't be a problem. They'll join the queue for couplings, details and weathering!


A reminder, if you've not looked, I talk about a visit to the Making Tracks exhibition here, and a trip to Ffestiniog Railway here, both from this week...


I hope you have all had a good week and enjoy the weekend ahead. Normal service should resume, in some form or another, next week. Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments