In Print: Bear Creek in Continental Modeller August 2022…

Last Christmas I designed and built a H0 scale cameo layout based upon logging operation in the Pacific north west region of Norrh America, named Bear Creek


Although the layout was sold I wrote and article earlier this year and submitted it to Andrew Burnham at Continental Modeller for consideration and I was very pleased to see it had made print in this month’s  magazine, available in WHSmiths and larger newsagents.


The layout looks great in print, and was great fun to build. I have a few more articles planned for the mainstream press this year, it’s just a case of putting pen to paper as all the modelling has been done. Although my blog style is quite detailed, there is something about seeing things in print, it feels a little more permanent, is more accessible and I still find it exciting and inspiring to see my models on paper. I’ve been published several times in the magazine over the years a selection are mentioned below, I hope you can find a copy and enjoy the article. Until next time more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. 

Comments

  1. Congrats on the article ... I thought the Bear Creek module was an excellent design! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rob, I remember your kind words last Christmas. It was a fun little project. Paxton Road 2 is proving as much fun at present. Articles are lovely, and I hope encourage others!

      Delete
  2. Hi James
    I picked up a Continental Modeller over the weekend and was about to post when today’s blog came up. I enjoyed the posts about Bear Creek and the article brings it all together in a well written piece which I hope will generate interest in the same way I hope the “Railroad Model Craftsman” will do for your Kinross ideas. Pity in that respect that there was not a link in RMC to your website and blog but interested parties can relatively easily find you on the web.

    One area that was more obvious in the article than in the blog ( I think) was the work you did on the Fairbanks Morse switcher. I also have and older FM which could do with some TLC. I might e-mail you to discuss what you could do later
    Look forward to the next post

    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan good to hear from you. Thank you and I’m glad you enjoyed both articles. It’s a shame but understandable that my blog address is always removed, I do include it for people to follow the work more closely but the editors have their rules I understand. Do get in touch about your FM, I enjoyed reworking this one, the handrails were somewhat hair raising but make a big visual difference, as do the pair of spark arrestors!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.