Fuel for the soul...

Take a deep breath. Savour the rich aroma of steam and coal smoke...



As the carriage gently rolls, listen to the trick trock trick trock whilst we hear the engine barking up the twisting railway through ancient woodland in the hills above Porthmadog. This journey is a feast for the senses and fuel for the soul. Quiet conversations fade as passengers each take the chance for personal contemplation.



Views of deep valleys and distant mountains 

I love this railway.



Excuse the over processed photos. A run from Porthmadog to Blaenau Ffestiniog yesterday, behind David Lloyd George. The railway seemed busy, as you'd expect for the week before the bank holiday in the middle of the summer holidays, despite the overcast weather. I hope I read in the society magazine later in the year that this translated to solid takings. Always a great ride, even if the above doesn't always ring true - I've equally shared carriages with noisy distracting tourists or screaming children. The views and smells never change though. Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. My favourite railway too. Did the same journey, same motive power, with my son a couple of weeks ago. I never tire of the journey on the FR, different every time and the more I discover about the railway and it's history the more there is to look out for. All being well should be back for the bygones/vintage weekend in October.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.