Beaverbrook, British Columbia…

The sleepy Dawson Creek subdivision of BC Rail saw only a little traffic when I visited in 1999, and in my entire time in the area I only caught one train...


The fact it was one of BC Rail's CRS20 more than made up for it, and this black and white shot was grabbed on my old OM10, as unit 605 switches the grain elevators at Beaverbrook. Later in the day, I grabbed this shot of the old station at Dawson Creek, a distant line of grain cars the only 'rail action' I could see at this old boundary between the Northern Alberta Railway (later CN) and BC Rail.

Alberta and British Columbia, 1999

This, a second day of black and white wasn't deliberate! I was excited to receive a large parcel of 'test' figures from Modelu for Alan's new North American range so I've been trying a few out on Beaverbrook, and black and white just seemed to suit this shot somehow, more than colour. The eye is still drawn to the CRS20 (a BC Rail rebuilt MLW RS18 with a CAT 3612 engine), but it's the different textures that appeal rather than the shouty red white and blue diesel. The above is part fact part fiction, but still the monologue  inside my head whilst I play with the blank canvas of a layout that is my Beaverbrook. Until next time, more soon....



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments