Commission: Another Dolgoch in 009…

This is becoming a bit of a habit, another Dolgoch leaves the workbench this week having been converted for a customer and finished in Talyllyn green…


I've lost track of the number of these that I've completed now, but I still enjoy working on the kit. It's a lovely piece of work from Stu and Mark, the pits fit well and totally transform the toy like Rheneas to a quality 009 model. It runs well out of the box with the correct pattern wheels and generally to scale, but being able to put the cab windows in the right place with a full-fat chimney totally transforms the model.


I have also used some custom transfers I had in stock to recreate the green livery, these are incredibly delicate and require a lot of patience to apply but the results are stunning and much beyond what would be possible with a bow pen and a steady hand. The name and works plate are included in the conversion kit.


If you have a kit that you'd like me to assemble, or any model for that matter, do get in touch for a personal proposal. My workbench is always varied and I undertake work in all scales and gauges from N to 1/12, narrow or standard gauge, modified ready to run to scratchbuild. The contact form is available through the menu on this website, or you can find and message me on Facebook. In the meantime, more soon...

Comments