On Video: Paxton Road layout overview

I'm so pleased with how this little layout has turned out - the whole journey has been incredibly enjoyable, a stretch at times but the results worthwhile...


Today's blog shares a 10 minute overview of the layout as I ramble on about various aspects - I promise I will also put together a proper photo shoot and detailed explanation of the project in the coming weeks. I'd say it was 'finished' although there are one or two things left to complete - but I can live without them.


I hope the video gives you not only a feeling of how small this layout is (and therefore, how easily it might fit into your own home) but of the possibility of the scale to build big layouts in small spaces. The Dapol 22 isn't the best running of my locomotives and probably doesn't do it much justice - scan through the channel and look for the Class 26 running, that's superb. The Farish 31 is also excellent, as is the ageing but competent 08. If you're desperate to learn more now, then scan back through the N scale label on the blog and you'll find plenty from scenic techniques to weathering and modification of stock. 

I try to put up interesting and relevant videos on my small YouTube channel - if you enjoy watching, and feel like you're coming at this hobby from the same viewpoint then please do subscribe (on YouTube) to be notified when I upload a new video - which is sometimes a few days before they appear here!

Until next time though, more soon...

Comments