Paxton Road reflection...

I have a habit of taking a photo of my layouts and sharing them with friends on Messenger with no commentary or message - just the photo...


I enjoy the process of composing, cropping, adjusting and studying photos of my layouts and models. Not only is it simply enjoyable - but the learning and reflection help improve the scene itself, and future models. In this case, I sent it over to my good friend Chris...

I love the detail in the grassy, weedy area between and infront of the tracks. It feels so rich. This might be my most “cannot believe this is N” so far! You’ve done just such a beautiful job of building up that ground texture on this project. You’ve achieved that sense of rich density. It’s quite inspirational.

Thank you Chris, it's been a tough few weeks in and out of the workshop and when you get feedback from a customer or a kind word from a friend it does have the effect of just lifting a little of that pressure, those worries. Ours is a wonderful hobby full of generous and kind souls. I never take it for granted. Until next time, more soon...




Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments