The joy of second hand books...

If I have one guilty pleasure, it is shopping for second hand books. I consume these as if they're trashy 'holiday fiction' but the diversity of my interest and thirst for knowledge means there are few that I wouldn't find interesting...


From browsing eBay or Abebooks to spotting bargains on forum 'for sale' boards, here we've a real blend from just a few £ through to £25.  Books are like windows on other worlds, locations or times. I find their pages full of inspiration and ideas - fuel for the soul, fuel for the modelling mojo and fuel for dreaming up new layout ideas or creating lead actors.

In a world hurtling headlong towards oblivion, re-using things (rather than new or recycling) is top of my agenda, be it second hand models or in this case books - being able to save books from pulping or worse, landfill, means my collection is one tiny contribution. That said, I realise the hiprocary in creating new models and new kits for the world - my conscience at least reconciles that the Victory is the sort of thing that people will collect and keep rather than 'wear once and throw away'. 

Until next time, more soon...


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments