Friday Update: Twenty-one Ten Twenty-two…

Not a lot to show for my efforts it feels this week, but a busy one non the less here in North Wales - not that you'd know if it you spoke to Bronwen the Dachshund, she's spent plenty of time napping...

Bronwen and the sketchbook one evening this week - results of doodling will be on the blog tomorrow!

As Victory edges closer to release, Steve had the production samples with him at Uckfield last weekend. 
Here Victory meets our friends Rapido's Hunslet 16" on Copper Wort, a superb brewery inspired industrial OO layout...



A busy week for Victory as Steve had the 'photoshoot' booked in and we've now got plenty of promotional photos for the records and updated shop listings. Steve mentioned how fascinating it was to watch a professional at work with light meter, reflections on mirrors and white paper to bounce light around - the results are superb! I can't wait to share these with you all, nor even wait for you all to get your hands on one!


I noticed this week that N scale appears to have become somewhat of a 'habit' as I dug out all the stock recently... when the stock 'fills' the footprint of the layout do you think that's the point to say enough? Paxton Road is pretty much finished now, just a few small adjustments to make to the way the fiddle stick works to improve ease of setup and alignment. I've been working on some of the stock too, nothing finished, but photos and write-ups when I can next week too!


A visit to a second Steve's this week, his O scale layout has appeared before on the blog before and this time I had the chance to see some of the work he's done since my last visit as well as help install a new turnout on the layout. I do enjoy operation, but I find that working together as modellers is a really good way to build friendships in a way that operation and chat alone doesn't as quickly foster. Suffice to say we got it wired up during my visit - and Steve just had the turnout motor to wire up afterwards.




Back in the workshop, and after a visit to a third Steve's yesterday I was fired up to look at the large scale Ruston again - this is a 40/48 or also a 48DL - similar to lots of prototypes and yet not one specific - the plan is that it's design will allow several prototypes to be easily represented with minor adjustments. I spent the afternoon working out construction of the bodywork and chassis and dimensioning up parts so I can begin CAD later today for the laser cut and etched parts.


Finally a hint of something to come - these large 3D printed (filament printer) parts came with a kit and I'm beginning to put this together? No prizes, but can anyone guess what it is? Approximately G gauge, narrow gauge prototype... 


And that's a wrap for this week - a busy weekend ahead as I'm off to Bexhill on Sunday to help Steve (LRS Steve) out for a few days, but don't fear I've prepared a few blogs 'in advance' to tide us all over. In the meantime, I hope you have a relaxing time and can find some opportunity for trains, model or prototype. Until next time, more soon...

Comments