On Video: Planet Industrials video collections...

When I first created the Planet Industrials YouTube channel I was keen it was more than just a collection of me waffling on about our own models...

To that end I began choreographing a collection of playlists of relevant interesting and quality material from across YouTube. However, I think that I've never actually made a fuss about that, and with the season of drinking too much and sitting about on the sofa upon us this seemed like a good time to put that right. 

Industrial Steam UK

Industrial Diesel and Electric UK

Preserved Industrials

I hope the hours of footage available here will help you wile away a few hours between watching Christmas films and playing family board games. Until next time, more soon...




Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. I noticed these whilst researching Pi's kits and I've been making my way through them - thanks for putting these together, they're much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James, I occasionally enjoy a good scour of YouTube for others I’ve missed, but they’re a good start. My favourites are those by ‘Gandy Dancer Productions’, Jonathan Guilbert has a wonderful collection of period footage and very strong production values.

      Delete
    2. Me too, I subscribed to Gandy Dancer as a result. As well as the footage and production values, I enjoy Jonathan's presentation style. He has created an incredibly important record for future generations.
      I was also really pleased to see some videos of the Ribble Steam Railway in there too - I used to take my son there when he was little and got quite attached to the collection, so the place is close to my heart. I can't think of many other heritage railways that use preserved locomotives to service current freight operations on behalf of local industry, with the added interest of the swing bridge preventing main line traction using the full line, as well as the 1:29 gradient under one of Preston's main roads to connect to the WCML. It's an interesting example and one that I've been planning to model for some time (once I have space).

      Delete
    3. Find any other you think I’ve missed then by all means send me an email with links!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.