On Flickr: My Llangollen Railway year(s)…

I made a concious effort to do more than just 'exist' with the Llangollen Railway in 2021, which runs through the valley here in North Wales just 500m from my front door...

To stop taking it for granted - brought on by almost loosing it. Whilst I've not been as prolific as I'd have liked (work and life have a habit of getting in the way) I'v been pleased with some of the adhoc experiences I've managed to capture literally a stones throw from my door. 

In 2021 I managed 27 photographs...
Llangollen Railway 2021
Llangollen Railway 2021 by James Hilton (https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWyx6hd)

This year a few more...
Llangollen Railway 2022
Llangollen Railway 2022 by James Hilton (https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzzepN)

Let's hope the railway goes from strength to strength in 2023. I will collect photos together in a new album in the new year. Until next time though, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Hi James
    Hope you and yours had a very Happy Christmas and that Santa brought you something rail based to the Welsh borders. This year mine was limited to the new "French Narrow Gauge Album" and the revised/updated Isle of Purbeck book. Hopefully I will get some quiet time to read both.
    Thanks for sharing your Llangollen photos. A lovely set of pictures. I particularly liked some of the "railway without trains" images ( such as Winter morning) .They are very evocative without the distraction of a train and could almost be a rail scene anywhere or at any time, and from a modellers perspective show want needs to be reproduced to "get it right". Hope to see more in 2023.

    I also look forward to following your projects through your blog and I wish you a very Happy and enjoyable New Year

    Best regards

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan, best wishes for the new year and thank you for the support throughout 2022.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.