Alan Sewell’s CF7…

In my big clear out earlier in the month blog regular Alan Sewell aquired my Florida Central CF7. He has just sent me this report of her operating in her new home…


In 1972  ANDREWS FOREST PRODUCTS (AFP) is incorporated recognising the “whole tree” utilization by the company, not just lumber production as the former Andrews Lumber name might have implied.


In 1986  AFP completed a  new pulp and paper mill with St Joe Paper  in the southern states . They expand the pulp mill at Jennis, Washington to provide additional fibre and transfer Apalachicola Northern (St Joe’s shortline in Florida)  #722 to Jennis.


After further expansion of the pulp mill at Jennis in 2016 providing additional fibre to St Joe Mills, the plant required dedicated switching throughout the day and night. AFP transfers ex-Florida Central #56 to Jennis. The #56 had been aquired from Pinsly as back up to an SW1500 in the south.


It is wonderful to see my models in their new homes, and in this case being personalised and woven in to Alan’s own narrative. It also lends a sense of interconnection between our railroads and that has a warm feeling to it that I’m pleased to be able to share more widely with the blog and all of you. Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. Hi James

    Glad my photo of YOUR CF7, in its new environment, was of interest, and hope you like that it continues to operate. Switching with it on my layout will be another reason to set up an alternate contemporary version of “Jennis, WA” rather than the 1962 version I run at present

    To add a little more on how #56 got from the heat of Florida to the misty banks of the Columbia River. In order for for me to have some authenticity in my freelancing, I have imagined a history of my forest company and its railroad operations from 1905 to the present day and this let me make up the story to fit into my time line and the sale of #56 by Pinsly

    The new pulp and paper mill with St Joe Paper in the southern states follows the prototypical expansion of the Simpson company and others in the 1980’s The then inter-company transfer of Apalachicola Northern (St Joe’s shortline in Florida) #722 to Jennis was not uncommon but really enabled me to run the AN GP15 I had brought at the NMRA National Convention in 2015!!

    So now thanks to you have my CF7 a “motor” I had always wanted, and a reason why it works so far from its origins.

    Best regards

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan, for sending the photo. I’m pleased she’s a good new home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.