Commission: Resita-ish in 009…

The EuroNG Resita-ish kit is one I discontinued last year but a customer asked if I could put one together for them and as luck would have it I had a number of etches left over…

Commission, left, compared with prototype model, right.

My customer and I worked through a few shortcomings (no pun intended) with the kit and chose which we could address so you’ll find more detail to improve the look of the motion and beefier cylinders. A few extra bits were added at the front end too, with a turbo generator on the smokebox and wiring to the headlights (RT castings).


Whilst I’m no Ian Rathbone I hope my attempts at lining with a bow pen have improved dramatically over the years and this fairly straight forward single white line was complicated by multiple panels that needed to line up and the rear bunker with its curved edge. The results though look, much as the prototype, characterful.

 

It is impossible to make the Minitrains valve gear look like Walschaerts but a few spare parts from Fourdees ‘Peckett’ kits lend linkages and levers below the tanks that fill the void and leave us wondering if we remembered the prototype quite right! Finishing things off is a load of cut logs in the bunker, cut from a cocktail stick. 


If there is a model in my back catalog that is perhaps now discontinued but that you’d like me to build and breathe life into then get in touch for a fixed price proposal. If you have a kit in the draw, flat or started, that you know you’ll struggle to complete then I’m accepting commissions for 2024 and happy to hear from you. Until next time, more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments