For Sale: N gauge layout and Sprinter…

There are layout changes afoot here in the workshop and I’ve decided it is time to move on things that could give others a nudge in this wonderful scale…

To make space for the new project I’ve decided that Gerald Road needs a new home. This is a complete blank canvas, British Finescale code 40 bull-head N gauge track, fitted with turnout motors controlling frog polarity and buried movable magnets for DG couplings. LED lighting in the lid and all switches on the ‘open end’. Cobalt SS turnout system. I’m looking for sensible offers around £200 which only just covers the price of parts. Collection from near Llangollen. Does not include any stock.



It seems timely to move this project on, I have realised that Paxton Road is perfect for both my refocused Speedlink collection and then swapping out for the Gerald Road stock, becomes Bristol. I don’t need or wish for more, and so the project would not ever be completed. In its current form, it’s a perfect start for anyone keen to work in finer standards in N but out off by the thought of building and laying finescale track. 

I find that at certain points in my life I accumulate stock - only to then become weighed down by the ‘promise’ I made myself to build them a home. In recent years I’ve taken to moving these sorts of items on, but it’s the first time I’ve found myself in that position with N gauge models. 

Farish 150/1, Provincial blue. Run in but otherwise unused. Detail bags are present and sealed. £180

Thank you for looking, if you’re interested get in touch with me using the contact form here or via Facebook (where you can email me without a Facebook account). Until next time, more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. "I find that at certain points in my life I accumulate stock - only to then become weighed down by the ‘promise’ I made myself to build them a home." I wonder how many other modellers this statement rings true for? It certainly does for me. I'm contemplating a clear out of items myself and as I was looking out things, I was quite surprised at the amount of locomotives and rolling stock I have that have never seen a layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect a few of us Ian, especially those like myself, and you too from the sound of it, who acquire items as our interests flit between prototypes. It’s a very therapeutic process moving it on, and feels positive.

      Delete
  2. But don't you ever turn around at a later time, when you read or watch something, and are struck by the arrow of inspiration, find yourself thinking, "Darn, I used to have the perfect stock for that, and now it is out of production/really expensive/etc."? I know I've experienced an element of that. Sometimes, actually, from your articles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the trick is to consider how easy the stock would be to replace… and I haven’t had that feeling but I can imagine it’s frustrating!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.