Commission: Ffestiniog Van 2 in 009…

This latest Ffestiniog commission is, as you’d imagine, destined for Boston Lodge (the cameo I built last year, not my latest)…


Based upon the aging but still excellent Dundas plastic kit it assembles cleanly with only minimal dressing of flash. If care is taken a model every bit up to ready to run standards (if not beyond) can be produced. 

In reality Van 2, or coach 10 is one of the heritage fleet so despite its advancing years sees regular use in the Woodland Wanderer service trains. This makes it an excellent choice for anyone modelling the Ffestiniog over a lengthy period. This particular model is based upon its more recent livery of green with red solebars and ends, and features some custom decals designed especially for the project.

 


Whilst this particular example awaits couplings it is otherwise ready for action. If you have a particular prototype you’d like to recreate but feel uncomfortable with the methods and techniques required get in touch to discuss how I can help make that dream a reality. You can use the contact form on my blog or email via my Facebook page (Facebook account shouldn’t be required). Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments