Commission: Talyllyn in 0-16.5 (or NG7)…

It’s not all new build here, I am lucky enough on occasion to repair, repaint and refinish old models and this Talyllyn in 0-16.5 is one such example…


It arrived in a somewhat drab light olive green with no smoke box door and some crooked etched plates. After cleaning off the old paint and smoothing some of the original white metal kit joints it has been refinished in lined green with new plates and crests, quite a transformation.


The green was custom mixed from a few shades to best match the photographs I was working from whilst the lining is Fox N gauge yellow/black. This is a boom because you can then line right up to the black edge without worrying the yellow. I use the same decals on 009 models but they seem just at home here in the larger scale. Crests are from Endon Valley and plates from Custom Nameplate Studio.



The model was finished with satin lacquer before the faintest hint of weathering. If you’d like me to breathe new life into one of your older models I offer a repair/repaint/refinish energise tailored to your requirements, get in touch (contact form here, or via Facebook, link in the Modelmaking Commissions page) for a personal no obligation proposal. Until next time, more soon…





Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments