Kohlenbachbrücke green resolution…

Last time the European shelf layout appeared I was talking about the area the back of the layout and a feeling that I didn’t know how I was going to finish the scenery towards the right of the composition…


I also shared that I wasn’t concerned and that I was certain an answer would present itself in time. Suffice to say that time wasn’t that long - and the results can be seen here. A blend of three elements, more concrete panel fence (scratchbuilt), a short length of pipework and some overgrowth.


By blending these 3 elements I have been able to disguise the joint in the photo back scene overlays and give the sense of an overgrown industrial facility. The result has spurred me on to lay in the basic finish on the rest of the layout at this end as well with a blend of grass fibres across the open areas. 


Looking at the whole layout (above) the balance of grey (left) and green (right) works well punctuated by the tree in the centre. I love the balance between man made and reclaimed by nature as the truncated spurs now serving as sidings are slowly consumed by grass and nature. The composition is largely complete and incredibly satisfying, this has only increased the pleasure I extract from operating this little slice of the Hilton Lokal Bahn. Yes, more to do and some variety in texture and plant life, plus perhaps some discarded materials in amongst the grass on the right, but for now, it’s cleaned up and I’m finding the mindful release of swapping the tank cars or vans just the tonic after a busy day. Until next time, more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments