Baking hot at Paxton Road...

You can almost feel the heat in these photos - under the baking sun, the haze in the sky, the strong shadows suggest we're down at Paxton Road in the early afternoon...


Since Blue Circle have ceased distributing cement by rail there sometimes is nothing to see but we can see an OCA, which I think may have delivered some bricks and a pair of PCA 'PiChem' tank wagons that are on tri-polyphosphate traffic - these will be waiting to go down to the works before the 08 heads back to the main yard.


I am enjoying operating Paxton Road this holiday - these photos show just a pause between shunting. The Graham Farish 08 are absolutely delightful to play with and look great too - whilst operation is so simple I can ring the changes with rolling stock and it never becomes a bore - always a pleasure, always a mindful distraction from the day. Until next time, more soon...


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. You can almost smell the loco oil and heat the birdsong. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tom. Little windows of the past, these boxes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.