On Video: (Not) a box opening…

Something a little thoughtful for your Sunday morning viewing pleasure…


Join me as I take a look at a model from my childhood and reflect on the power of these plastic toys to give us a means to communicate, to engage and to feel comfortable in our skin, through our shared language and experiences. 

School holidays have descended upon many of us, and whilst I will endeavour to entertain myself and you all here - there may be occasions when I rely on previous material or video, perhaps in another ‘archive’ series. Until next time, more soon…

Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Morning James, thoughtful words as always. Buying a new loco is still a very rare occurrence for me, you are right, there's a kind of magic in opening up the box. The 59's are still the only class of loco where I've managed to see every one, mostly at Fareham stone terminal in Hampshire. I even saw all of the ex National Power 59's (by then in EWS livery)parked in number order at Westbury one weekend on a trip to Cornwall, someone having some weekend fun shunting as I can't believe it was accidental! My favourite loco is still an older style Bachmann/Farish 37 in RFD livery as 37671, Tre pol and Pen, it's too long (Farish cunningly stretched the body to fit a class 47 chassis), but it still looks the part. To my joy Farish even released 37672 in RFD too, both are good runners and part of my core fleet. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Your blog always provokes thought and memories. I used to love those Len Vass articles too... Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, always good to hear from you and not rambling at all… I don’t have much time for the old Farish stuff, always seemed very toy like to me and unrealistic - but recognise it is some others nostalgia. I suppose I had Lima 37s and 47s - not Hornby ones for the same reason. Lucky strike with those 59s, perhaps I’ll get a chance to see them in their natural habitat one day. For now I enjoyed digging into the collection to remember this model one!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.