A visit to the Isle of Stoner…

The Isle of Stoner is a little known place about 100 miles off the coast of Newquay, where it is always the summer of 1964 and the sun forever shines…

The creation of John Wooden the 009 layout has evolved constantly over the nearly 10 years I’ve known of it, and that is to its credit as it captures something of our childhoods and presents so well in both the flesh and in pictures. One thing I love is running trains, and the setup allows leisurely two person operation, plenty of time for talk and tea.

I visited yesterday afternoon for a second time and had forgotten how much joy can be had from talking in person with a like minded modeller and running trains. Thank you to John for the hospitality, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and despite the hour and a bit’s drive I’ll be back again, with luck, next month. John has a blog too, you can read more there, for now here are some snap shots of my locomotives that visited today. Until next time more soon…










Comments