Down on Beaverbrook: Green GP9RM…

Not that you’d know it from these black and white photos, but the green Halifax and South Western GP9RM was trundling about Beaverbrook one morning last month and I grabbed these shots on my way to the office with my old Olympus D10 SLR…


The street can feel like a tight corridor when cars are placed on both sides of the road, especially when a truck is in the way.


The HSWR GP9RMs are a strange blend of the CN and GTW rebuilds, quite unique but full of character and I did linger to hear her 567 heart (with 645 head) and it’s distinctive blend of staccato raw and base rumble. Wonderful. Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. Looks like an H0 version of the VoR photo your son took. B Very evocative

    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.