Friday Update: Twenty-two Four Twenty-two…

Where did the week go?! The girls are still on holiday here in North Wales so I’ve balanced time on work with time out enjoying the weather, enjoying nature whilst blessed with a few days of fine weather…


As well as local walks in the hills here, yesterday I headed over to Porthmadog and we had a lovely coast walk around Borth-y-gest. The sea is almost Mediterranean in colour, albeit treacherous and certainly not safe for swimming. Sat on the cliffs with a pack lunch though looking south towards Harlech you can literally feel the stress reducing with every moment. Beautiful.


Work? I don’t have any photos of preparing 3D prints for sale this weekend, or for me sat on the laptop designing instructions for new kits, or writing material for a new project. In the evenings I’ve been working on Beaverbrook and my latest project, a Briggs GP20C which I mentioned mid week. The groundwork at the Co-op has begun with filler smoothing the interface between road and shoulder, as well as the edge of the cork sub road bed.


The GP20C has been wired up and tested, and I’ve made it work! Yes, ditch lights both ends AND Engineer lights. This may not seem like much, but it feels as much a milestone as my first compensated chassis! The next step for this modern GP will be to begin to add the etched details and handrails. When my order of parts arrives from Canada then I can also add some more detail to the trucks, frame and fuel tank. The weekend ahead, and I’m hoping to do some more ground work at the Co-op on Beaverbrook, smoothing the filler and getting some colour town before painting the track… then ballasting, then road painting! It’s coming alive. Until next time, more soon…

Comments