Friday Update: Eight Four Twenty-two…

The last week before the Easter holidays here in North Wales, and not quite the frantic mad rush to finish commissions off as I feared. Instead a chance to see old friends, meet new ones and push on with some fresh commissions...


The Narrow Planet O&K re-mix that I designed and was released though Light Railway Stores at the end of last year, for the Bachmann N gauge Percy chassis, has been a strong seller and the intention was always to release a version with tender and open cab in the EuroNG range. Well with a prevailing wind I'll have prepped the prints, Steve will have ordered and prepped the etches and I'll have written the instructions in time for release at Narrow Gauge South! Watch this space!


In between dunking rinsing and cleaning 3D prints in white spirit I've made a concerted effort to finish the Judith Edge Yorkshire DE2 that I started last week. This has seen a few solid days work now and certainly looks the part - here all balanced together, the next step will be fitting the bonnet doors today, and then if I have time putting the motor and gearbox into place and finishing the chassis. With a prevailing wind this will be completed now after Easter.


It's been a few months since I designed anything, and this week also saw the start of a few new projects. These are narrow gauge items of a more modern and utilitarian nature, bringing my multi-media approach to mining equipment. The mine tubs should be released fairly quickly once I've tested the prototypes, the locomotive will follow in the summer. The good thing about the inside framed wagon chassis is that it will allow me to design and release a more modern, longer wheelbase cane wagon to go with the EuroNG range. More on that once I get on with etch artwork!


A real tonic this week, Beaverbrook continues to progress. Here you can see the warehouse behind the locomotive has moved forwards in terms of finish, and the next job will be to draw up etched windows and some support brackets for the distinctive porch it has over the side door. Also pictured are my GP15, which was one of the first 'new' models I bought as I got back into the hobby, which just feels right in so many ways with it's patched and layered finish. I recently stripped the trucks right down and dunked the frames in IPA, stripping off the factory paint and re-finishing them, the results were worthwhile, an improvement in finesse and a nice matt finish. 


I've been messing around with Canal Street Wharf this week, and there will be a post tomorrow with the output of this, in the meantime, I hope you're well, had a good week, enjoyed today's rambling and have a good holiday. I will endeavour to keep content coming over the holiday but there may be a few days of radio silence. Until next time, more soon...

Comments