Dyfrdwy Tramway: Diesel shakedown...

With the good weather over the Easter weekend I managed to trim the grass, clean up the tramway and run some trains...


As well as checking my battery powered radio control diesel fleet I also undertook some maintenance. First of all I cut some new fence posts to replace some of the original pine ones that had rotten through. The more recent oak ones seem to be lasting much better. I also repainted the gate (seen above) as it had faded quite badly in the sun and weather - it lives outside - and looks much better for it.


As it happened, all but the Hudson Hunslet were pretty much flat, so I've a day or so of charging each in turn, but all fired up and moved so that was good to see - in many ways, I prefer these 'models' over the toy like live steam model, but that said there is something magical about steam.


Up at the quarry my plans for a make over may be scaled back, I have added some fencing along the top edge and will add a gate over the entrance I think. With a longer train than normal, the Hudson Hunslet managed to collect the trucks left at the quarry earlier by one of the 'failed' diesels. A garden railway is probably one of the best things I've made over the years and I love how it changes and matures with time. Very much part of our garden and lived with, a real railway in many ways. Until next time, more soon...

Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. 

Comments