Rail-fanning Beaverbrook…

Driving along Beaverbrook often bags no more than a few cylindrical hoppers at the feed mill or cement spur, but on occasion you strike gold...


More frequently then you'd imagine a TerraTransport interloper will be spotted on a running in turn after visiting IRSI for maintenance and examination in Moncton. In this case I wasn't disappointed, one of Dartmouth Terminal's last SW1500s was found parked up at the end of spur. These workhorses once worked in multiple on Autoport's heavy loads bringing trains back up to Windsor Junction and back to Rockingham for CN to take further, but these days, with higher horsepower GPs in service just a pair remain.


Today, shooting in black and white, I captured a roster shot, before jumping back in my Golf and heading off to the appointment I had in town later in the day. 

Of course, this is my unfinished H0 scale layout, Beaverbrook. The model is a Broadway Limited SW1500 that I have detailed and repainted for TerraTransport. The figure is from Modelu and printed in H0 scale, the car is from a Rietze and started life as a bright red 'fire' liveried example that needed plenty of filling and smoothing before being repainted in white to match a friends car! I built this layout to operate AND rail fan, I love just watching trains edge along the road with a short rake of cars. Replicating this physically on the model is good fun. Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. This is fantastic! I love the railfanning being actively shown here, the railfan as part of the scene instead of just being implied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, I think it’s a nice touch yes, and made possible because of Modelu figures!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.