30 year old N…

A few weeks ago I picked up some models from my late Grandpa that had been left to me. In and amongst the 1960s Triang and the more recent 1980s Mainline OO were a few of his N gauge models...

Although the stock is no use for my own N gauge project, I have decided to make as much use of the fencing and buffer stops as I can. It's always nice to re-use and extend the life of modelling materials, kits, scratchbuild models or scenic items from layout to layout. They are the things that stitch our modelling lives together weaving a ribbon through the scales, gauges and prototypes of our exploits. What models, parts or inherited items do you treasure, and what have you given a new life to in your current model making? It might be tools, components, trees and scenery or the more obvious rolling stock? Why is it important to you and what does it tell us about our own interests and of those that came before us? Until next time, more soon...


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. 

Comments