On Video: Couplings (N scale part 14)...

Fresh on the heels of the weathered finish, I have glued down a few lengths of track on the cameo and played, sorry tested out the DG couplings...


As well as showing the quality of the models from Dapol and Graham Farish, the track looks superb. Moving though we also see how well the DG couplings work, yet how subtle they are in appearance, not really jarring or jumping out. These small steps in the N scale journey are all really promising, building on my ideas and challenging my perceived problems, overcoming each with such little effort that a momentum is built that carries me forwards. I'm enjoying this...

Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. There's no doubt that N gauge models are better now than they ever have been , the key stumbling block for me still seems to be reliable "hands free" uncoupling - preferably without major surgery to the stock. I've dabbled with Greenwich couplings for 009 and struggled , it makes me wonder if a 3D printed part for DG that fits into an NEM socket would be worth looking into?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, but I'd fear the 3D printed part would end up as clunky as the coupling it replaced. The Dapol 'easy shunt' knuckle couplings are massive, but fit the bill for an off the shelf magnetic uncoupling.

      My experience with the DG so far is that they're a lot more tolerant to poor assembly and bodged fitting then I'd have thought!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.