Classic Claremont…

Whilst messing around with Kinross for another project I decided to place my Claremont and Concord GE44t on the layout again, evoking scenes from the classic New England shortline, this time in the late 1970s… 


The time is very much set in this case by the VW Golf (or Rabbit to you North Americans). Launched in the US in 1976, the compact hatch’s profile is instantly recognisable, and this is an old Wiking model I sourced based. The bystander and Engineer figure, who give the scene real life are both Modelu 3D scanned and printed figures which lend very natural outlines to this ‘could have been’ roadside scene. There are plenty more posts here on the blog sharing the progress of Kinross, my Winter 20/21 project as well as the Claremont and Concord. Until next time, more soon…

Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. 

Comments