Friday Update: Seventeen Six Twenty-two…

The Ruston LB are still here, but pretty much gone, so a fresh workbench and some new projects this week here in North Wales where I’ve not been enjoying the mini heatwave at all…

I’ve kicked off this weeks update with a photo of my own project, a Class 26 in N scale. This Dapol model is destined for Paxton Road 2 which broke cover last weekend. I’ve been working on the baseboard casework in evenings, but also took the chance to add buffer beam pipework and couplings to the model. Weathering is now underway, when finished I’ll do a specific post on my experiences and findings of working in the smaller scale.


I also received the prototype etch back from some detailing parts destined for IP Engineering Glyn Valley 16mm/ft kits. These are for a regular customer, who has been building the kits but wanted something to lift their finish. We’ve gone through several iterations tested in card to ensure these are too the right size, but this first test in brass looks great and hopefully I can report back on his success once he’s tested them. They may well end up as a component in the Narrow Planet range in the future, let me know if you’re interested.


The large scale work continues with this craftsman kit. This is the result of many hours of laborious prep and painting before assembling the bodywork of this ballast car from lots of lovely milled bass wood and a few laser cut parts. A long way to go but a satisfying project, and one that will result in a model with real presence.


Another slightly peculiar project will grace the blog again too in the coming weeks. Remember Paddington’s diesel? Well these pair of Bachmann G scale GE switcher trucks are destined for a cliché in more ways than one. I will let on more in a future update, once my customer and I have worked up the exact design and specification.


Beaverbrook continues to encourage and inspire. Several stressful evenings have been calmed by switching with the sound fitted TerraTransport patched S13u. The act of moving cars around a model railroad is such a soothing activity, I find it helps unwind and come back down, focusing on the way the models move through the scene rather than the worries or concerns inside my head.

I should have some news about an exciting new project I’ve hinted about for months in the next few weeks as I’m about to sign off on the content, it’s an exciting time here too as I regularly get updates from the factory in China with images of Victory being manufactured. In the meantime though, let’s focus on the weekend ahead. I hope you have a relaxing time and spoil / are spoilt / fondly remember your fathers. Until next time more soon…

Comments

  1. Certainly interested in the GVT parts, I have a few of those kits to build. Worth you mentioning them on FB somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. They’re not cheap though, I reckon they will end up too pricey for anyone other than my customer.

      Delete
    2. Who will know if you don't suggest a price - mind you I would rather someone reengineered GVT kits from scratch

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.