Friday Update: Twenty-four Six Twenty-two…

It's been a hot week here, slowly building all week until the rain last night, a welcome relief. In the workshop I've managed to progress some large scale commissions and start a few smaller items...


The big news is though, my own Ruston LB is now finished with weathering complete. This used layered washes of Humbrol 98 and 33, rubbed in to the paint, and then off, to polish up some of the green and leave a residue in the places the 'oily rag' couldn't reach. Drybrushed gun metal 53 has brought the edges to life and made it pop - just a relatively simple two stage approach, but enough for my own model.

In 009 I've got a Dundas Blanche to re-model as Linda in midnight blue. My customer is happy with the compromises of using the Blanche model as a base, but we've agreed to swap the chimney to the stove pipe example. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, with the full white lining and black edging it's going to be an interesting one to build up. I'm looking forward to the challenge.


The large scale models are nearly complete, the trucks and myriad of white metal castings and tens of plastic bolt head castings are time consuming to add but really lift the overall look. This has been a real labour to get together, the instructions are relatively clear but the kit is 20 years old and I wasn't; sure if all the parts were still there - turned out all but a few white metal castings were present which made assembling the bracing on the side of the car a lot easier! I was worried I'd have some of that missing and need to fabricate replacements and try and match the type and finish of the real wood used on the original kit. I'll take some beauty shots next week, and then these will be heading to the USA to make way for an etched brass Manning Wardle in OO on the bench.

I hope you all manage a good weekend, dodging the showers and making the most of the weather where possible. Until next time, more soon...

Comments